BTE™ Multi-Cervical Neck Unit (MCU)
The MCU is the most effective and complete system for cervical assessment and strengthening of the muscles of the neck. The equipment has a computerized interface that records real-time cervical spine movement and isometric strength in all three planes of motion simultaneously. This eliminates subjectivity of testing. Studies have shown 90% of patients using the MCU reported major progress.
- Cervical resistance training: effects on isometric and dynamic strength. Taylor, M.K., Hodgdon, J.A., Griswold, L., Miller, A., Roberts, D.E., Escamilla R.F. Aviation Space Environmental Medicine: 2006 Nov;77(11): 1131-5.
- A randomized controlled trial on the efficacy of exercise for patients with chronic neck pain. Chiu, T.T., Lam, T.H., Hedley, A.J. Spine: 2005 Jan 1:30(1): E1-7.
- A comparison of training methods to increase neck muscle strength. Burnett, A.F., Naumann, F.L., Price, R.S, Sanders, R.H. Work: 2005;25(3): 205-10.
- Predicting Short-Term response and Non-Response to Neck Strengthening Exercise for Chronic Neck Pain. Keating, J.L., Kent, P., Davidson, M., Duke, R. McKinnon, L., DeNardis, R.J. Journal of Whiplash & Related Disorders. 2005; 4(1): 43-55.
- Flight-training effect on the cervical muscle isometric strength of trainee pilots. Burnett, A.F., Naumann, F.L., Burton, E.J. Aviation Space Environmental Medicine. 2004 Jul:75(&): 611-5.
- Evaluation of cervical range of motion and isometric neck muscle strength: reliability and validity. Chiu, T.T., Sing, K.L. Clinical Rehabilitation. 2002 Dec:16(8): 851-8.
- Maximal isometrica muscle strength of the cervical spine in healthy volunteers. Chiu, T.T., Lam, T.H., Hedley, A.J. Clin Rehabil.: 2002 Nov;16(7):772-9.
- The Importance of an Early Positive hange in Neck Function in Predicting Imprvement Following a Tailored Cervical Strengthening Program for Chronic Neck Pain. Harding, L.H., Keating, J.L. Manual Therapy. [in review].
For more information click on the following link: www.btetech.com/mcu.htm.
[ Back to Services ]